The Europa Scleral® is a 2nd generation Jupiter Scleral lens that has been uniquely designed so that it is able to successfully fit a wide variety of corneal and scleral geometries while improving fit and comfort. The three main enhancements are:
- Larger Optic Zone: Increases the lens overall sagittal depth which enhances corneal clearance.
- Mid-peripheral reverse curve: Allows it to successfully fit both prolate and oblate corneas with a single lens fitting set.
- Enhanced haptic profile: To significantly reduce compression and lens tightening.
The Europa Scleral® lens is a true scleral lens that was designed to deliver an optimized fit, comfort, and vision for successfully managing patients with a wide range of irregular corneal conditions and ocular surface disease.
The Jupiter Scleral™ lens is available in two main designs - a 15mm diameter (mini-scleral) and an 18mm diameter. Both Jupiter Scleral series lenses have 5 curves configured into 3 zones:
- The Corneal Zone, comprised of the central corneal curve and the ASPHERIC peripheral corneal curve.
- The Limbal Zone, comprised of an ASPHERIC scleral curve.
- The Scleral Zone, comprised of an ASPHERIC scleral curve and the ASPHERIC edge curve.
Both Jupiter Scleral lenses are made in 3 configurations to address the needs of various corneal geometries simply by varying the posterior design:
- The Jupiter Standard design is recommended for most cases of corneal irregularity, where the central corneal curve has the same apical radius as the peripheral corneal curve.
- The Jupiter Advanced Keratoconic design has the central curve relatively steeper than the peripheral corneal curve.
- The Jupiter Reverse Geometry design has the central curve relatively flatter than the peripheral corneal curve.
- Fitting of irregular corneas with conditions such as advanced keratoconus, trauma, or post-surgical deformities consequent to a graft, RK, PRK, and LASIK.
- In conditions where the cornea and/or sclera are extremely dry and need protection from direct exposure.
- When soft lenses cannot provide good vision and alternative GP designs will not center or cause intolerable bearing forces on the central cornea.
For more information and to order, call our dedicated Scleral Lens Consultation line at 1-800-772-3911 and choose option 4.