Statement from ABB Optical Group Regarding the Coronavirus Situation
Coral Springs, Fla. (March 13, 2020) – ABB Optical Group, considers the health and well-being of our customers and employees to be of paramount concern. We are committed to transparency, and to keeping our customers, employees and the eye care industry fully informed regarding how we are addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
- We are actively communicating and encouraging behaviors that help prevent the spread of illness based on Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization recommendations.
- Our Human Resources department is working closely with employees to address specific questions and team requirements. We have taken extra steps and asked all employees who can work from home to do so.
- Employees who are sick or not feeling well are encouraged to stay home to rest, recover, and avoid infecting others including a self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- A strict travel policy has been put in place for our employees and we have canceled all large group meetings. During this time, we are encouraging our employees to utilize teleconferencing or videoconferencing equipment to hold meetings. We have also limited non-business critical visitors coming into our facilities to minimize risk to our employees and operations.
- To help alleviate the issues that our customers may experience regarding patients’ hesitation to visit their practice, we are encouraging our customers to utilize our direct-to-patient shipping option, or our ABB AutoShip online contact lens ordering platform, as two ways in which ECPs can continue to maintain patient relationships during this time of elevated public health concern.
Please be assured of our absolute commitment to responding with the utmost caution regarding the safety of our customers and employees. We will continue to keep the eye care industry informed about any change in business operations.
About ABB Optical Group
ABB Optical Group is a leading provider of optical products, services and business solutions in the eye care industry. ABB operates through three business pillars: ABB Contact Lens, ABB Labs and ABB Business Solutions. ABB is focused on the future of eye care professionals, helping them succeed by making practices more efficient and assisting providers to effectively navigate market changes. Visit abboptical.com for more information.
Cristina Llorens, 800-852-8089, ext. 7383 email@example.com