ABB Optical Group and Paragon Vision Sciences Announce the Winners of the 5th Annual Optometry Student Challenge
Third and fourth year optometry students were challenged to compete in the ABB Optical 2019 Optometry Student Challenge. A $1500 travel grant to the Global Specialty Lens Symposium (GSLS) will be provided for each of the top 3 authors to attend the Global Specialty Lens Symposium (GSLS) to cover travel and accommodations. Two authors and their work have been recognized as honorable mention and authors will receive $250 each.
Pictured from left to right: Andy Jackson, Director, Specialty Vision Products; Elton Wong-SUNY; Suzy Chen-SUNY; Preet Dhami-MCPHS; Dede Reyes, Consultant, Specialty Vision Products; Arch Holcumb, M.Sc Consultant, Specialty Vision Products
Optometry Student Challenge Winners
- Shuyi Chen, SUNY College of Optometry: Enhance your SMILE with Orthokeratology: A Case Report on the Use of Orthokeratology to Treat Myopia Regression After SMILE Surgery
- Preet Dhami, MCPHS School of Optometry: Use of Scleral Notch to Maximize Coverage of the Ocular Surface in Exposure Keratoconjunctivitis
- Elton Wong, SUNY College of Optometry: “The Battle of the Four Lenses.” EBMD Plus Irregular Corneal Astigmatism, Which Lens Will Come out on Top?
- Kent Uehara, SUNY College of Optometry: Do More-ia for Your Phoria: Prismatic Correction in Multifocal Scleral Lenses for a Patient with Duane Retraction Syndrome
- Nitya Murthy, Kentucky College of Optometry: Unconventional applications: Managing dry eye disease secondary to Salzmann’s nodular degeneration with scleral lenses