ABB Cares 2017
Program Outline and Rules
In keeping with ABB OPTICAL GROUP's commitment to making a positive impact on the communities in which it has a presence, ABB Cares is a signature annual grants program that supports non-profit organizations nominated by eye care professionals nationwide.
The fourth annual ABB Cares program will highlight and celebrate outstanding organizations throughout the country that have improved the quality of life in local communities.
Seven organizations will be selected as recipients of an ABB Cares grant. ABB OPTICAL GROUP will award:
- One Platinum grant for $5,000
- Two Gold grants of $2,500 each
- Four Silver grants of $1,000 each
Organizations do not need to focus on eye health to qualify. To be considered as a grant recipient, all candidates must comply with the following:
- Nominees must be a registered 501(c)(3) organization and provide a valid tax ID number.
- The organization's local office must be within 30 miles of the nominating practice's primary location.
- Charities that have won an ABB Cares grant in the past are not eligible.
- The charity may not be directly or indirectly controlled by the nominating entity or any of its eye care professionals, opticians or office staff. Exception: eye care professionals, opticians and office staff who serve as members of the organization's board of directors.
- Applications will be available starting Tuesday, August 1 and must be completed and submitted online at www.abboptical.com/ABBCares.
- Deadline is 11:59 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, August 31.
We encourage all eye care professionals, including optometrists, opticians and office staff, to nominate an organization near and dear to your community that you believe has made a positive impact and deserves recognition.
A committee comprised of ABB OPTICAL GROUP representatives will select the grant recipients based on the specified criteria and nomination application. ABB OPTICAL GROUP will notify grant recipients and their respective ECP nominators by phone no later than Friday, October 20.
Photos and press releases will be sent to local media outlets to generate publicity for the organization and eye care professional. Recipients also will be announced on the ABB OPTICAL GROUP website and will be featured in ABB's Profit Advisor.
Once the recipients have been notified, ABB OPTICAL GROUP will schedule a photography session with representatives from the non-profit organization and the eye care practice. After the photo has been taken, a press release will be e-mailed to the charity and eye care practice representatives (as listed on the application). Both parties will have five business days to review the press release and request edits. If edits aren't received within five business days, the photo and press release will be distributed to local media.
For more information, please contact Lisa Patterson at 888-305-3300 ext. 7964 or by email at email@example.com.